Safely Maintain Roadways with the Help of BearCat's Chip Spreaders
Chip sealing (chip and seal) is one of the most effective methods for repairing and maintaining roadways throughout the U.S. Through the chip seal process, one to two layers of asphalt is applied to a roadway surface, finished off with several layers of fine aggregate. However, chip spreading can't be completed without specialized road maintenance equipment. Chip spreaders, for example, manage the application of aggregate to roadways. As such, BearCat Manufacturing produces highly effective chip spreaders for road maintenance companies and chip seal services.
A Deeper Look at Chip Sealing
Many contractors prefer chip sealing over other road maintenance methods for its simplicity, affordability and effectiveness. Whether building a new roadway or repairing an old one, chip and seal offer some of the best road maintenance benefits.
- Simplicity – Applying asphalt and fine aggregate to roadways is a straightforward process. Most road maintenance can be completed within a few days with equipment such as asphalt distributors and chip spreaders.
- Price – You can also attribute chip sealing's affordability to the process's simplicity. Chip sealing doesn't take long to implement, requires fewer (and partially recyclable) materials, and doesn't require much labor. Overall, saving on time, materials and labor lead to lower costs.
- Longevity – Lots and roads are under constant stress from chemical spills, heavy traffic, severe weather/temperatures, etc. Chip sealing helps to counteract everyday roadway stressors, sometimes extending roadway surface lifespans for as much as 12 years.
- Safety – The qualities of chip seal roadways help keep drivers safe while on the road. For example, chip seal roads are skid-resistant, reducing the chance of accidents under severe weather conditions. Additionally, chip and seal roads are anti-glare, limiting the eye strain of driving on bright, sunny days.
BearCat's Options for Chip Spreaders
When you choose BearCat, you can buy with confidence. Our chip spreaders have been setting industry records for the past decade. We have a variety of chip spreaders available, all of which turn out extremely high productivity rates. BearCat chippers offer computerized rate controls, one-foot gate controls, and much more! Our primary options for chip spreaders include:
- 20' Tandem Chipper - The Tandem Chipper 20′ is better, faster and stronger. This machine gives you a 10′ – 20′ extension on the fly! Features such as computerized speed controls, high-capacity belts, etc. all come standard with this popular model of chip spreader. Click on the image below to learn more.
- Stealth 16' Tandem Chipper – This model of chip spreader is slightly smaller but just as effective and allows you to transport without permission. Its standard features include a folding rear hopper, computerized rate control, high-capacity belts, etc. Click on the below image to learn more.
Give Us a Call
Ensure your company can offer the best, most efficient chip and seal services with the help of BearCat Manufacturing's high-quality chip spreaders. To learn more about BearCat and our other road maintenance equipment, contact us at 928-684-7851. Also, we are located at 3650 N Sabin Brown Rd, Wickenburg, AZ 85390. BearCat Manufacturing is headquartered in Arizona, serving clients throughout the United States.