Secure Essential Chip and Seal Equipment for Your Road Maintenance Company
Chip and seal services are a popular alternative to most standard asphalt paving. Thus, as an asphalt company or municipality, having the capability to offer chip and seal is essential to meeting the demands of clients. Having the best available chip seal equipment ensures your area’s road maintenance demands, whether in Illinois, Arizona, Florida, or anywhere in the U.S. Thankfully, BearCat Manufacturing produces the best chip spreaders available in the asphalt industry.
Why Should You Offer Chip and Seal Services?
Chip sealing isn’t the only way to pave roadways. In fact, chip and seal services are often reserved for less traversed roadways or side streets. However, due to the simplicity and affordability of the chip seal process, the service is always in high demand from contractors, private businesses, and city municipalities. Here’s why so many people rely on chip sealing:
- Safer Driving Conditions
- Chip seal roads are known for the safety benefits they boast. As any driver can tell you, rain and ice make for dangerous driving conditions. As such, chip and seal roads are skid-resistant, thus reducing the accidents that take place during severe weather conditions. Also, for sunny days, where road glare is at its worst, chip seal roads are anti-glare to limit the eye strain of drivers.
- Long-Lasting Roads
- Unlike standard asphalt roads, where continual maintenance is required to reduce the chances of cracks and crumbling, a chip seal road doesn’t have such issues. Chip spreaders evenly distribute asphalt aggregate onto roadways, embedding directly into the original pavement surface. Through chip sealing, you extend the life of your existing roads by as much as 12 years!
- Quick and Affordable Process
- Rather than spending the time and money completely replacing old asphalt, chip sealing is quicker and more affordable. Asphalt aggregate is made of recycled asphalt, meaning a reduced cost of materials required for chip sealing. Furthermore, the time and labor required to complete a chip and seal project are significantly less than other paving projects, bringing costs down for your clients.
The Right Equipment for the Job
For road maintenance crews interested in adding chip and seal to their service offerings, you need the right equipment for the job. Thankfully, BearCat Manufacturing has you covered with our top-of-line chip spreaders. We offer two model options for our chip spreaders: the 20′ Tandem Chipper and the Stealth 16′ Tandem Chipper. Each model of chip spreader boasts the same impressive features, such as:
- Tier 3 or 4 6-cycle diesel engine
- Hydraulic cooling system to ensure normal operating temperatures
- State of the art Computer Rate Control (CRC)
- Hydraulically driven position sensing cylinders
- HSLA steel construction tandem hoppers for straight line starts and minimal aggregate waste
- Low maintenance, non-contacting ultra-sonic belt sensors for measurement of chip pile height
Take chip and seal services into your own hands with the best chip spreaders on the market. To ask about prices, rental equipment, or our additional asphalt paving and road maintenance equipment, contact Bearcat Manufacturing today at 928-684-7851. Also, we are located at 3650 N Sabin Brown Rd, Wickenburg, AZ 85390. BearCat Manufacturing is headquartered in Arizona, serving clients throughout the United States.